Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Intruder

Joe was going to put chickens away for the night. He had just gone out back and my phone began ringing. It was Joe. He whispered that there was something in with the chickens. I quickly got the flashlight and joined him. Sure enough there was something with a funny looking tail in with the chickens eating the eggs. I went to lock it in with the chickens and as I approached the latch Joe said he couldn't see it anymore. He went around the chicken coop and sure enough that SKUNK has crawled in a "Mystery Hole" and out by the stalls. Joe and the SKUNK just stared at each other. Than the skunk went through another hole to the hay barn and ran right out in front of me. It was a big one and I cannot figure out why it didn't get startled and spray. Instead it just trotted in front of me and went next door. It was like it was saying thanks for dinner. I will see you again.

No comments: